Thursday 26 July 2012

Mo Manning Sailor Boys

Hi, there! This is a scheduled post; hope by the time this goes live I shall be having a great time on the beach!!! Woohoo! 
Our challenge theme this week at Mo's Digital pencil Too is something with a dog on:)): 


I'm not a great dog lover- I know, that makes me a bad person:(- we used to have lots of animals around with my dad being a veterinary and living in the countryside but my parents didn't see them as pets and besides some cats whom we loved dearly all the others were just animals doing their job: the dog was supposed to bark when someone got in, they were usually very mean (- the reason why we kept them)  and lived in doghouses with large fences around, the cow was there for the milk and so on.

Gotta tell you I love this card- I know it's mine and I should let the others judge...lol, but it brings kids and sea together and this just makes my heart melt:


Ingredients:
Images: Mo Manning- Sailor Boys- set- HERE in Mo's store
Embellishments: beach stuff from local store, fish charms and some net and shells


I made some acetate sleeves to insert the images. These would also be perfect to add other things such as photos or money...lol.



And here's the dog:)):




It's a very simple card; I left it "boyish" with not so many additions; hope you like it too!

Also, don't forget to join this week at Mo's too! We are still scouting for Guest Designers and this is week three and last one of our search; so there's still time for you to enter if you are a lover of Mo's images as we are!

That's the artsy view ...lol:


Please take a look on the challenge blog for more details on this GDT call and especially for taking a look at the beautiful creations of my sweet colleagues. There's a lot of beauty to see!

Thanks again and have a great rest of the week!
Hugs,


16 comments:

Debbie said...

You always manage to find the perfect papers. This as always is just GORGEOUS!!! Love those fish at the bottom, the perfect touch.

Hugs
Debbie

Mojca said...

Waw beauty. Lovely colors and layering and beautiful coloring. Hope you are having a great time on your holiday. Hugs! Mojca

Dena said...

You are so clever!!!!! This is such a gorgeous card!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Carla S. said...

A gorgeous and creative design, Iulia! Love the images you've used and all the details!

Christina C. said...

OMG....Iulia, I love, love, love this card!!!!!!!! Spectacular coloring and the design is phenomenal....a work of art!

Maja said...

Fabulous card!

Kara Lynne said...

This is full of such gorgeous details, I love it! I can totally understand why you're not a dog lover with your upbringing.

Ellibelle said...

Another super creation Iulia! Loving all the fun details!

Dorcas said...

Simple???? Whaaaaat? Girlfriend this card is stunning and thres nothing simple about it. You have every reason to love it, I do too. Fabulous!!

Cathy said...

Iulia, I agree there is nothing simple about this card but so many details that just make it a perfect creation. Love the netting perfect for the nautical theme :)

Jo Ann said...

This is so wonderful and having seen all your beautiful creations in the past, this one is no exception. Always love your style. Great work!

Pat said...

Hi hunny bunny! I hope you and your family are having the BEST time on vacay! I'm pea green with envy! I have to wait another 2 months before I can go to the beach! Hope you're wearing sunscreen! I am in love with this card, girlfriend! Such beautiful papers (I'll be checking out that site...thanks for the link!)...and your Mo images...and the scene you created are all brilliantly colored!! I just love your work...you are always such an inspiration to me!! Be safe...see ya when you get back home! Hugs. Pat Frank

Ginger said...

Gorgeous card! You can see the time and dedication put into your project. I love it!

Tracy said...

I'm already crazy about these little sailor guys and your card design is just over the top gorgeous Iulia. You rocked this one girl. Hope you're soaking up lots of sun and having lots of fun! Hugs!

Torrey said...

Your choice of embellishments is PERFECT! Love the netting, fishies and the ship wheel! Great coloring too. You really made this image sing.

Anonymous said...

I found your website through a random stroke of luck. It helped me do my research on this topic. I have spent lots of time looking through your site. You have something good going here, keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...